Friday, June 17, 2011

O Dear, O Deer, O Deere

I've been told I should include more pictures. And respond to comments that have been left. I'm going to do at least one of those tonight: put pictures of adorable animals on my blog! I hear that's pretty much pure internet gold for blogging success. I can't put too many on; my parents' internet connection is limited to 5 GB/month. I know, country life is so hard. Here's the faun I saved from utter annihilation:



He was so tiny! Just the newest of newborns. His heart was pounding so fast, but littler things have higher pulses, anyway, so I don't really know what standard faun rates are. His legs, sort of visible below, were so tiny that he couldn't even run through the alfalfa. I could basically walk alongside him and he'd be going at top cruising speed:



And, despite what must have seemed like his imminent bodily dismemberment at the hands of a ferocious predator, he seemed curious and probably surprised to know that the world was bigger than just the few feet of grass around him:



Such a cutie. Also, here's a picture of the moon on the horizon... OR IS IT???



Maybe the optical illusion isn't as good as I thought, but it's actually a salamander in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket. Not quite as cute as a wittow faun, sorry. More real posts this weekend, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment